Monday, June 13, 2011

Setlist: Christophe - 06-10-2011 MerryBelle's, Norman, OK

 This was for the second Friday Norman Art Walk held every month. I played at a new shop called MerryBelle's. This was not my best performance at all, but this was the best show I played this year for one reason. The kids... I was just up on stage doing my thang. Drinkin' whiskey and playing songs. Next thing I know, there's about a half dozen kids around the stage. So, I'm trying to think what a good song to play might be and one of them says to me (I think it was the Father Phil's kid), "What would you do if I threw my shoe at you?", So I replied, "Well, I'll just have to throw something back!". The boy says "What?". I then looked at what I had, which was hardly anything, and said "Ummm... this Norman Music Festival guitar pic!". Well... that was just asking for it... his shoe came flying. I threw the guitar pic, and then another shoe came... so I threw another pic. It was a blast...I haven't had that much fun at a show since the peep fight with Therogy about a decade ago. After that was over with I tried to think of a good song to play for the children. I decided 'Road Rash' would be a good one. It's a cautionary tale about why you don't want to live like me or my friends. Every time I got to the line "Eat my dinner from a garbage can" you would hear all the kids say "EEEEEEWWWWWWWWW!!!!". It was beautiful. I wish I had that one recorded.

 I'm not positive about the order of things... I'm almost positive I left out some of the songs I played and I'm pretty sure it's not in exact order. Once again I had a set list, and then I didn't follow it. For my second set Allin wrote it down for me... I guess I was drunk by that point, because I don't have any idea what some of them were... so I will just put what he wrote down.

Christophe
06-10-2011
SHOW#2011.073
MerryBelle's
Norman, OK

MerryBelle's
Set One:
1. Red Dirt (Christophe Murdock)
2. 11 Months & 29 Days (Johnny Paycheck)
3. Another Small Town Song (Christophe Murdock)
4. Wasted Time (Christophe Murdock)
5. As You Sleep (Christophe Murdock)
6. M (Christophe Murdock)
7. Empty Bottles (Danny Trashville/Casper McWade)
8. Folsom Prison Blues (Johnny Cash) - W/ Tyler of Kick Nancy Down on vocals.
9. Brand New Cadillac (Vince Taylor)
10. Somtheing To Do (Ramones) - By Request.
11. Astro Zombies (The Misfits)
12. Road Rash (Christophe Murdock)
13. Mama Tried (Merle Haggard)
14. The Life Of An Outlaw (Christophe Murdock)
15. Country Heroes (Hank III)
16. Hellbound (Christophe Murdock)

Christophe & Tyler

Set Two:
1. Bad Love (Not sure what this is...)
2. The Beast In Me (Nick Lowe)
3. Besides You (Danny Trashville)
4. Mother/Halloween (Glenn Danzig/The Misfits)
5. I Still Miss Someone (Johnny Cash)
6. Sea Of Heartbreak (Don Gibson)
7. I Love You, Die, I Hate You (Not sure if this was a song or something I said, or a personal note from Allin)

Set Three:
On my way out I stopped on the sidewalk to sing for a few different girls. I'm pretty sure I played four songs. Started out with the Hag, played one I can't remember, Don't Mean A Thang... then vague memories of some Husker Du.
1. Mama Tried (Merle Haggard)
2. ???
3. Don't Mean A Thang (Christophe Murdock) - Dedication to Lisa Renae.
4. Diane (Husker Du)
Christophe

No comments:

Post a Comment