Monday, September 26, 2016

Setlist: Christophe Murdock - 9-24-2016 OK State Fair Patio Stage, OKC, OK

Third and final performance for the 2016 OK State Fair. By this time I think word spread a little about it being my final performance for the State Fair ever. Three O'Clock in the afternoon I get a call. 

Morgan: Christophe? This is Morgan from the State Fair.
Me: Yeah?
Morgan: I heard whispers that you might be playing a certain song tonight that...
Me: No, I'm not playing that, don't worry.
Morgan: Okay, I just wanted to make sure...
Me: No worries. Your crowd wouldn't get it anyway.
Morgan: Just don't forget this is a family friendly event, there can be no cursing on stage.
Me: I know. Don't worry.

I've been playing the State Fair for five or so years now, Haven't broke any of the rules or had a breach of contract yet... Get to the Fair and stop by the stage, the sound man is nowhere to be seen. Some group is up there doing a bunch of covers. I walk around the fair for a while and come back about an hour and a half before I am scheduled to go on. Sound man tells me he will have the girl off before us by 8:50 for us to set up and play by 9. (Doesn't take us but a couple minutes to do our thing) I take off to use the restroom. A storm started while I was gone. I get back and they closed the bar and the stage. No lights, no sound, no people. At 8:50 exactly the big booming fair voice comes over the speakers telling everyone chance of storms are over and for all workers to go back to their posts and resume normal activities. Nobody comes to the Patio Stage. We wait around a bit. People come in wondering why nothing is going on. So, we set up on stage and play anyway... sans lights and sans sound system. People are coming in and watching as we play loudly and yell the lyrics. Security shows up, sits down and watches us do our thing while clapping after each song. Finally some barmaids come out of the back somewhere and start serving at the bar because customers are now there. Still no lights. Still no sound man. Cut a couple songs off the set because my voice was going out. It felt like screaming into dead air. 

Christophe Murdock
09-24-2016
APPEARANCE#2016.022
Oklahoma State Fair
Patio Stage
Oklahoma City, OK

Line-Up:
Christophe Murdock - Lead Vocals/Acoustic Rhythm Guitar
Garrett Shockey - Backing Vocals/Washboard

1. Red Dirt (Christophe Murdock)
2. Another Small Town Song (Christophe Murdock)
3. Back In Oklahoma (Christophe Murdock)
4. Country Heroes (Hank III)
5. The Life Of An Outlaw (Christophe Murdock)
6. Misery Road (Christophe Murdock)
7. Ballad For The Lost (Christophe Murdock)
8. Road Rash (Christophe Murdock)
9. Hellbound (Christophe Murdock)

No comments:

Post a Comment