Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Setlist: Christophe and the Prairie Fire - 07-12-2011 Michelangelo's, Norman, OK

 This was the first unofficial show for the Prairie Fire. Fire was having his birthday party at Michelangelo's so we came out to do a set. I broke my "a" string on the second song. Nobody wanted to loan me a guitar or run out and get me a string. Ended up I was all out of spares. So I just played the rest of the night without it. It was a little awkward considering it was the route notes for my C, B & A chords, but we did it anyway.

Christophe & The Prairie Fire
07-12-2011
SHOW#2011.088
Fire's B-Day Party
Michelangelo's
Norman, OK

 The Prairie Fire: Christophe - Acoustic Guitar & Lead Vocals, Isaiah Harrell - Drums, Eddie Mercury - Stand-up bass & Backing Vocals.

 Now, I asked my friend Margaret to keep track of what I played for my setlist and the list she wrote was too amusing... so I'm keeping it here. I'll post after it the usual with writers, etc.

Christophe Setlist – 7.12.11
Key: Actual Titles “line of a song” (situations I missed/part of a song title) <time>[my comments back to your smarting off]</time>

Red Dirt
Hell-bound
(song & broke a string)
“Tell Me Lord 'cause I Just Can't Take It/There's got to be a better way for me”
Another Small Town Song
(I've Done My Share of) Livin' on the Road, Babe
(another song)
<second half="" of="" set=""></second>
“(something) Drink Whiskey”
“drinkin' some half-assed (something)/Way (something) Away”
[….I'll give YOU and A-string] [I'll be your back-up strings]
[Fuckin' Spaniards.]
[Your stand-up is Your Mom?]
La-da la-da (this may be the day that I die)
[The third? Is it a Wednesday?]

--------------------

 Here's my version of the setlist.

1. Red Dirt (Christophe Murdock)
2. Hellbound (Christophe Murdock) - By Request. The last verse of this song is when I broke my string. VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63VKvagtBDQ
3. Astro Zombies (The Misfits)
4. Opulence (Danny Trashville/Casper McWade) - VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w14pLx7DBFg
5. Another Small Town Song (Christophe Murdock)
6. Road Rash (Christophe Murdock)
7. As You Sleep (Christophe Murdock)
8. Country Heroes (Hank III)
9. Ball & Chain (Social Distortion)
10. Empty Bottles (Danny Trashville/Casper McWade)

No comments:

Post a Comment